Consulting Engineering Companies have a significant role to play in addressing climate change issues. They ensure that designs and operations are continuously adapted to the impacts of climate change in order to help protect public safety.
ACEC-Ontario’s new Sustainability and Climate Change (SCC) Network is the place for employees of member companies to help shape the conversation around sustainability and climate change and position the consulting engineering industry as leaders on this increasingly important topic.
- Attend virtual Network meetings throughout the year
- Build a workplan during the SCC Network inaugural year
- Work collaboratively, respectfully with other SCC Members, ACEC-ON staff, stakeholders and rightsholders to discuss sustainability issues and solutions
- Once the SCC Network has decided its priorities, SCC Members will need to contribute to projects as appropriate, to fulfil its workplan (examples of projects are industry resource guideline development, position papers, events and professional development, digital advocacy campaign support, etc.)
- Promote SCC initiatives, as appropriate
- Meetings will be held virtually every 2 months, or as needed
- Meetings are approximately 1.5 hours in duration
- Occasional in-person commitments may be required
- Time will be required to adequately prepare for meetings, and follow up on action items assigned to network members, as applicable
- Directly contribute to addressing the impact of climate change in the province of Ontario
- Build and sustain positive, productive relationships with rightsholders and stakeholders in industry, government and academia
- Support the social, environmental, and economic viability of Ontario through leadership in climate change and sustainability initiatives
- Grow your network in the consulting engineering community
- Eligible to receive recognition and benefits granted to ACEC-Ontario volunteers
- Gain valuable skills by contributing your expertise to SCC Network projects
- Must be an employee of an ACEC-Ontario member company
- Must have knowledge/expertise in the broad areas of sustainability and climate change
- Must be able to commit for a minimum of 2 years
We are currently recruiting for 10 vacancies:
- Chair (1)
- Vice-Chair (1)
- Members at Large (7)
- Young Professional Representative (1)
As the Network grows, the Members at Large will have the opportunity to take on leadership roles in the Network. The roles available will depend on the types of projects the Network will collectively decide to undertake.
To apply, please complete our online volunteer application. Link below and within the ‘Get Involved’ tab at the top of our website. To view and complete the volunteer application, you must be logged into our website. For website access, email Laura Korneluk directly at email@example.com
Online applications are due Friday May 12th 2023.