About the ACEC-Ontario Future Leaders Network
The ACEC-Ontario FLN is a network of young professionals located across Ontario. The FLN is a place for young professionals (YP’s) employed by ACEC-Ontario member firms can gather to enhance leadership skills, increase your professional network and gain industry insights by discussing common trends and issues experienced by YP’s within the consulting engineering industry.
We are looking for YP’s interested in planning both provincial and local YP initiatives. There is also a vacancy to represent Ontario on the National FLN. Local initiatives are available specifically within ACEC-Ontario Chapter regions (London, Grand River, Niagara, Simcoe and Ottawa).
Provincial representatives are expected to engage provincially to plan and implement opportunities for YP’s across Ontario. Meeting attendance at monthly FLN meetings is required.
Local representatives are expected to engage with both the local chapter and FLN. If you are interested in planning local networking, leadership and professional development opportunities for peers within an established chapter, consider applying to a Chapter FLN Representative position. For this position, meeting attendance at regular local Chapter meetings is required, in addition to monthly FLN meetings.
National representative is expected to engage as the Ontario YP representative at the ACEC-Canada FLN. For this position, meeting attendance ACEC-Canada FLN is required, in addition to monthly Ontario FLN meetings.
- To create a cross discipline network of young professionals within the engineering consulting industry.
- To plan and implement leadership, networking and professional development opportunities for YP’s in Ontario.
- To promote the consulting engineering profession as a career choice to engineering students.
- To interact with similar YP organizations within other industries to help promote consulting engineering, exchange ideas, and identify mutually beneficial opportunities.
- To advocate on behalf of YPs to promote their interests within the consulting engineering industry.
- To increase awareness of ACEC Member Organizations and consulting engineering to stakeholders and the general public.
- To support a dynamic working environment.
- To promote involvement in various ACEC-Ontario committees and at events.
- Engage in FLN meetings, discussions, and planning activities
- Attend monthly virtual meetings to review and work towards the objectives described above
- Positively shape the way ACEC-Ontario members and volunteers engage with and find value in their membership
- Network and strengthen relationships with other existing Member firms and their employees.
- Eligible to receive recognition and benefits granted to ACEC-Ontario volunteers
- Opportunity to advocate for and advance the interests of Young Professionals in Ontario
- Must be a young professional (40 years of age or less)
- Must be employed by an ACEC-Ontario member company
- Must be located within the province of Ontario
- Commitment to monthly 1 hour meetings
- Minimum 1 year term
We are looking for folks to fill several available roles.
- London Chapter FLN Representative
- Ottawa Chapter FLN Representative
- Niagara Chapter FLN Representative
- Simcoe Chapter FLN Representative
- Open FLN Provincial member
- National FLN Ontario Representative